Pages

Saturday 12 December 2015

Stamping with Woodland embossing folder

I love this technique, although it it a bit tricky and time consuming for me :-)


First, it is harder if you have old Big Shot cutting pads (curved), I had to run mine through couple of times and out a shim (piece of card stock) to get the inking on the edges too. The first 2 didn't get inked on the edges, this is why I made these versions (the greeting on these is in Finnish).
 

You get better results if you ink your colours with a sponge. I didn't have the time (?) for this, so I used my ink pads. You tend to get some streaks with them, but I didn't mind. 

The colours I used were Marina Mist and Night of Navy, those happened also to be the old felt type ink pads, so the streaks might have just be due to the pad type.

Make sure you ink the side where the tree trunks are indented (ink does not get to the groove) and then stamp your image with a darker colour. I used 'lovely as a tree' stamp set and Early Espresso ink. Make sure you stamp your image on the embossing folder the right way!! 
So you ink your embossing folder first (use lighter colour first) and last stamp your image on it.
Then place your card stock on the embossing folder, close it without moving your paper, and then run it through your Big Shot. Open carefully without moving the paper 

Clean your folder in between embossing the next one (if you do multiples).

Here is a ful image version (you can see the streaks)

Also, I realized it after embossing couple, pay attention where you stamp your image (trees), my first trees got all hidden behind the embossed trees (as you can see on the third picture) so stamp the trees where there is also visible ink, that way they get printed on the cardstock in between the embossed trees :-)

So enjoy these wintery scenes even though we seem to have a spring like weather outside! (I have new weeds coming out in my flower bed!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment