Pages

Saturday 12 December 2015

Twinkle twinkle little star

I got my inspiration for this card from Pinterest. 

I used single layer for my card, using the new thick whisper white card stock

I cut out a rough circle out of scrap paper to use as a stencil (didn't want it to be sharp edged).
Unfortunately Stampin'Up! does not have a great background scribble stamp, so I ended up using a generic scribble stamp (don't know where I got it and by whom it is made), but you could use any kind of background stamp, even the world map background stamp or the ledger stamp from The Open Sea would look great. I used Early Espresso ink for the scribble stamp and crumb cake on the Gorgeus Grunge stamp set.

Then I stamped the little star from Peaceful Pines with versa mark and embossed with gold embossing powder.

I cut the star with a framelit from corrugated paper and added couple of stars punched out of glimmer paper. Then tied thick bakers twine on the top of the star.

(Just realized that I took the pictures of the ONLY card where I dropped the scribble stamp after stamping, so it has a shadow scribble... Proofs that there are no mistakes in stamping... Just creative points of views - hahaha)

so easy and quick card to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment